Monday, July 24, 2017

Parking in the Woods

April 28 - May 6, 2017

To ride out another week of hot weather, I wanted a spot with both shade and nearby water.

And free.  Did I mention how much I like free?

Fisher's Landing on the Neuse River was perfect.  Although the camping area was on the lawn a few yards away from the parking area, I just backed my little truck into a corner parking spot under the trees and we were perfectly happy.  The area is pretty, has a nice view, and the steps down to the water are maintained.  People park there for lunch or to play in the river and there were even occasional campers for a few nights.

Early morning

Tree on the trail


Cloudy morning



My "neighbor"

After leaving New Bern and the Neuse River I drove up to Edenton, NC, an absolutely adorable small town with history on every street.  My knowledgeable friend took me to all the best spots and we even tromped through fields looking for artifacts.  If it weren't for the heat, Edenton would be exactly the type of place I'd like to live.

Many thanks to Lisa for hosting me in her driveway for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment