Saturday, July 22, 2017

On the Atlantic

April 18-26, 2017

I thought I wanted to see Myrtle Beach and dip my toes into the Atlantic there, but when I arrived I discovered that it consists of a whole lot of buildings and roads.  I suppose I could have wandered the beach and found some nicer places bu the drizzly weather and my own lassitude combined to convince me that lounging was a better use of my time.  I parked on the edge of the WM lot next to a pond to give the cats something to look at.  Butch enjoyed the live theatre.




I had been wanting a box to hold the crap I use often that spends most of its time sitting on the couch-bench.  I selected one sturdy enough for Butch to use as a seat to allow him to look out the window without meerkatting.


Bo, on the other hand, doesn't quite fit...


After staying a couple days I drove up the coast to discover that Myrtle Beach appears to be the mini-golf capital of the south.  Every block sported one or two giant structures spouting 7-eleven-slurpee-blue water over plastic cliffs.  Weird that people would live on a beach and yet want to spend time playing miniature golf.

Traveled all the way to North Carolina before finding another place to wait out a stretch of hot weather



No comments:

Post a Comment