Sunday, July 30, 2017

Camping in the Alleghany

May 31 - June 16, 2017

The best place to be when it's hot is in the trees and by the water.  There are a bunch of free campsites along the Clarion Rive in the Alleghany National Forest and I scooped up a nice one.  They are really set up for tent campers but some of the spots have a larger parking area.  I walked up and down the road almost every day and only saw one tent but there were a lot of trailers crammed into small parking areas.  The benefits of being able to arrive on a Wednesday I guess.








Hot cat.  Well, if I didn't give him all my cooling resources he'd be hot.

The first couple days were cool in the morning and I let the cats out.  They don't wander although Butch has a tendency to find a hidden spot to sit and watch the world go by.  By the third day it was warm enough that I was worried about snakes in the underbrush and EEEEWWWWW  Bo came in with ticks on his face.  I'm getting less freaked out by then and I'm certainly not going to let my cat get sick from a tick-borne disease so off they came.  eww.

Butch was mad that I could go out and he couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment