Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hanging Out in the Woods

July 29 - August 11, 2017

It turns out that both Vermont and New Hampshire are very pretty.  I decided to spend a couple weeks in the White Mountains camping and although I didn't manage to take any pictures there, I did get a few after I left.

The most curious thing happened after I left the campsite - I noticed that the truck would get warm going up hill.  Not hot - I am paranoid about overheating but previous to this the engine temp indicator barely moved even while climbing hills in 90 degree weather.  I've learned not to panic when anomalies occur so I kept an eye on the temps while considering possibilities, not sure if it was a mechanical thing, high humidity, or maybe I just never really noticed the temperature change previously.  I was pretty sure this last point wasn't valid, especially since I was also thinking that I had a bit less power going uphill. 

Something to ponder.




I also met a guy who moderates a Facebook Toyota Motorhome page that I promptly joined and instantly became part of a large group of fanatics.  I posted asking them about my hot truck and received a slew of different possibilities including one who's truck has always run warm and they deal with it by running the heater and opening the windows.  I'm going to resist this possible outcome as heating the cab when it's 80+ and dripping with humidity does not predict a pleasant driving experience.

Whatever.  I'll deal with it when I find a solution.

On my way to Toronto to meet with friends and I think Niagara merits a second stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment