Monday, October 9, 2017

A Little More History

July 28, 2017

There's one more fun stop on the way to Vermont with the ruins of both a French fort and what was meant to be a killer British fort that they accidentally blew up before it was finished.
Fort St. Frederic is mostly piles of dirt but the remains of Crown Point are fun to tramp through, plus they had a sign that nicely explained the parts of a properly constructed fort.






This was a short stop on the way to Vermont - a place I had never considered visiting and know nothing about.  I realize that a drive through a state still doesn't give you much information about the lives people lead but it's been interesting so far to compare my expectations with reality.  I guess I'm expecting Vermont to be pretty . .  and that's all I know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment