Sunday, March 19, 2017

Mexico on the East Side

January 18, 2017

I tried to find some free parking – or even inexpensive lots – near the bridge to Mexico but everything I saw was garages which are not all that RV friendly. I parked at a little strip mall about two miles from the border and walked down. Much like El Paso, downtown Brownsville looks much like the city across the river.



I walked along this great bike path that has some perilous bumpers for protecting the cyclists. It would be nice if more cities took the two-wheelers this seriously.



Walking across the bridge was much like it was in El Paso, except the toll was $1 and there was a big guy there making sure you didn't duck under the turnstyle.

Matamoros is a little nicer than Ciudad. Cleaner and fewer burned-out buildings. Also some fun shops:

Check out the url

Irish Pubs really are everywhere...




I wandered around for a couple hours and then walked back to the rig, taking a detour through an old cemetery. I like cemeteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment