Saturday, January 7, 2017

Day Trip to Mexico

November 5-6, 2016

Spent the night on the edge of El Paso and spent some time thinking about things.  The forecast looks clear so I'll put off dealing with the vents for the time being.  The bigger problem is that now I've dropped in elevation the truck is not driving any better.  Time to go auto shop shopping.  After I go to Mexico.


It's super easy to walk into Ciudad Juarez from downtown El Paso.  There are two pedestrian bridges and places downtown that have all day parking for a reasonable rate.  There's just something cool about waltzing across the Rio Grande and into another country.


My goal was to refill my prescriptions since my insurance doesn't work outside of Washington state.

Buying meds is totally easy.  There are pharmacies all over and although they don't speak English they are willing to try to figure out what you're talking about.  I recommend bringing the drug you're trying to refill so they can look at it.

I also recommend wandering around and accidentally ending up in the market.  You can buy just about anything and I really wanted some veggies but I hadn't looked into bringing them back across the border so I had to pass.


For some reason the bread didn't call to me.

Although I had to ask for directions to get back to the bridge, Walking around was fun.  It wasn't until later that I discovered that Ciudad Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities in the world.  Woops.  Maybe everyone was at church on the Sunday morning I visited.

Back in El Paso I need to find my way out of the city.  It looks like a long road of stoplights - in a vehicle that stalls when I slow down.  Crap......



No comments:

Post a Comment