Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Sweet Smell of Good Planning

I have been fortunate in that I've had several house sitting jobs over the last few months that have allowed me to kind of "test drive" the whole living in an rv thing.  I'm on the last job and had to do a bit of planning for this one.

My friends live at the top of a very steep hill.  Very steep.  I emptied my tanks and stocked up on food before tackling it, knowing there would be no quick trips to the grocery store for snacks or whatever I might run short of.

It was a little unnerving when the ToyHome continued slow down as I drove up, but before I hit 0 mph I hit the top of the hill.  Nope, not driving up that again - I'm here for the duration.

This longer-term (two and one-half weeks) sitting job has taught me two very valuable lessons:

1) Three weeks is too long to go without having fresh cat litter, and

2)  It doesn't take much to stink up a small space.

It's not that I'm not cleaning the kitty potty, but as the litter is removed, the odor absorbing abilities decrease and the whole thing gets smellier.  Ah well.  A couple more days and I can clean the whole thing out.

The other nice thing is that most homes come with a ladder and I had the chance to seal the solar panel installation points and tape the vents and things on the top of the roof.  I think I can sleep without fearing the rain now.

No comments:

Post a Comment